SQL Server Autonumber equivalent in Oracle 8i

From: Robert Martin <rwmartin_at_sisconet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:38:52 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am a newbie to Oracle and I have read that I can create an SQL Server [Quoted] Autonumber equivalent by using a sequence and a trigger. My problem is, I [Quoted] have never written a trigger. I created my sequence, and from the looks of [Quoted] it in the OEM it appears to be fine. How do I write the trigger? Does anyone [Quoted] [Quoted] know of any good documentation on the net on writing Oracle triggers? Please [Quoted] help. Thanks :)

Oh and I am working in NT

Robert Martin (rwmartin_at_sisconet.com) Design Engineer
SISCO Inc,
6605 19 1/2 Mile Road
Sterling Heights, MI 48314-1408
[Quoted] Phone : 810-254-0020 (ext 125)
[Quoted] Fax : 810-254-0053 Received on Mon Nov 20 2000 - 16:38:52 CET

Original text of this message