DBA Needs Some Direction With Learning Java

From: netnews.msn.com <Oracle_8_DBA_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 20:55:14 -0500

I actually don't deal much with development but am interested in starting to learn Java in conjunction with Oracle. I've done some programming in C++ and Pascal (quite some time ago). Could anyone give me some information to get started with, in particular:

  • Any good basic beginners books to read (preferably using a lot of code examples)
  • What software would I need to install? I think we own about every product Oracle puts out so I should have what I need from them. Do they have a programming front end?

Any other information you feel would be helpful to get me started.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Joe Ramsey
Senior Database Administrator
Cintas Corporation
Mason, OH 45040
(513) 573-4167 Received on Sun Nov 19 2000 - 02:55:14 CET

Original text of this message