new user needs help

From: Rizzo <rizzo_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 05:44:55 GMT

[Quoted]     I just put NT Server on my computer and Oracle 8i. I'm taking a DBA class at the local college and when I log in there I enter my name, password [Quoted] adn the location is db03 then I get into 8.0SQL and can type in my sql statements to create tables, users, etc. My computer is a stand alone machine and I used the default settings during the installation of Oracle when it asked me for IP address, etc.

    When I try to log in on my computer I don't know what to type in these fields. I'm still a novice user and I'm assuming that I have to set up myself as a user as well an instance, etc. How do I get past the log in screen and to the point where I can use the SQL screen to run SQL statements. Any help up be great.

Thanks in advance
SunilS Received on Sun Nov 19 2000 - 06:44:55 CET

Original text of this message