Forms Efficiency question

From: Steve E. <steve.eckersley_at_ITS.lancscc.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:42:38 -0000

Hi,

[Quoted]        I have a question regarding the best solution to an application design I have. I have a main master form from which users navigate to detail [Quoted] forms, and displayed on the top of each of these detail forms is a summary of the important details from the master record (name, address etc). What I'm considering is whether it would be better to pass the data for this header block in as parameters (12 fields varying from 1 - 60 chrs) or to have the block as a data block and perform a query. The table has 70 columns [Quoted] and about 1 million records. Buy the way this application is running over the web.

Thanks for any comments.

Steve E. Received on Fri Nov 17 2000 - 17:42:38 CET

Original text of this message