Re: Can't find proc or proc.mk

From: <mikkrolewski_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 19:01:27 GMT

In article <8v1dj7$t1n$1_at_supernews.com>,   "Guy Fullalove" <nospam_at_127.0.0.1> wrote:
> Platform : Solaris 7
>
> Just installed Oracle 8.1.6 Enterprise Edition, but am unable to find
 the
> Pro*C precompiler or the proc.mk file. I checked the list of
 installed
> products and it does contain Pro*C. Is there something else during
 the
> install that I should have selected?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Guy Fullalove
> (anti-spam reply address, use guyfullalove_at_hotmail.com instead)

I have not done this in a while but I located the makefile by scanning through the Oracle directories for any file ending in .mk

I believe I found just one and it was not the name I expected. It did contain the libraries and the sequence.

As to the proc precompiler, I thought that was an option that you had to select during the install. In fact, the precompiler, headers, examples, etc were all optional. Good news is that one can go back and just install the missing components.

Michael Krolewski

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 17 2000 - 20:01:27 CET

Original text of this message