Re: TTITLE question

From: Happl Oberlin <happl_at_mail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:37:30 +0100

In article <3a1195df$0$1521$53a6afc1_at_news.erinet.com>, "R & M Materials Handling, Inc." <khsrmh_at_erinet.com> wrote:

>I'm running an older version of *SQLPLUS.
>Is there a way to have TTITLE text line to print when no rows are selected
>in the query?
>All I get to the spooled file is the line "no rows selected"

It's a little bit complicated and needs time to execute, but this example should show you, how to do:

set feedback off
select empno, ename
from emp
where ename like 'C%'
order empno
/
set heading off
select null
from dual
where 0 = (select count(*)

           from emp
           where ename like 'C%')

/
set heading on feedback on

The 'from' and 'where' of the first 'select' and the 'subselect' have to be exactly the same.

Greetings from Switzerland -- GrĂ¼sse aus der Schweiz Happl Received on Thu Nov 16 2000 - 10:37:30 CET

Original text of this message