Re: JDeveloper vs Forms 6i ?

From: John Alexander <jalexander_at_summitsoftwaredesign.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:50:00 GMT

Using forms and reports servers for a web-based application is aimed more at shops that already have an existing system with Forms and want to web enable it.
For companies starting new web development from scratch, some are going the PL/SQL route (using the PL/SQL toolkit that has packages that translate PL/SQL to HTML), or using JSP (Java Server Pages), while others use ColdFusion. Since you don't already have an app using Forms, and presumably don't have an existing staff of Forms developers, I would be inclined to look at those other options first.