JDeveloper vs Forms 6i ?

From: Jeff Jackson <jeff_at_tatca.tc.faa.gov>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:44:15 -0500

[Quoted] Does anyone have any experience with Forms 6i and JDeveloper? If so I want to know if I should use the Forms 6i approach integrating the Forms

and Report Servers or can I do it cleaner with the JDeveloper approach and no forms and reports. We currently have no legacy forms application

in place. I need to build some web based applications to access our 8i

database over the net. The forms and report server approach seems a bit

awkward but I am not sure if having these two servers will make our applications more robust. I have a little experience with Developer/2000

building fat clients. I also know that java apps over the web can be slow although our apps will mostly run on our intranet. Any ideas on the subject matter would be greatly appreciated.

--
Jeff Jackson
Sr. Software Engineer