Re: Internet Application Server 8i / 9i Application Server

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:49:05 GMT

Both are based on the Apache httpd listener, and are as stable as Apache is. Which is quite stable.
As for the understanding: why was the previous version (V4) called OAS? And the version 3 Web Application Server? And V2: Oracle Web Server? How about Marketing? for an answer.
If you want to use the modplsql module from Oracle, you're bound to 8i, not 8.0. If you want to use it against 8.0 or 7.3.4, I would say you're better off with Apache, and one of the free (well, GNu licence) oracle modules. There are quite a few on the Apache site.

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel