ODBC Oracle Access and Raw problem

From: Jeff Siegel <js1111_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:37:53 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] I can't get Access to read a raw(16) type from Oracle 8i into a usable format.

It looks like Oracle's ODBC driver sends RAW fields to Access as Binary types.
[Quoted] These "binary types" are not really useful in Access. A type of TEXT would be more suitable. Ideally I'd like that field to show up as TEXT in Access.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I think this stuff came across as TEXT with Oracle 7.3, but I'm not positive.

Is there a way to do this? Or is this just Microsoft and Oracle not wanting [Quoted] to talk to each other?

Thanks,

   Jeff Received on Mon Nov 13 2000 - 21:37:53 CET

Original text of this message