Re: OEM and Linux

From: Jim Wing <jameswing_at_sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:22:18 GMT

[Quoted] Sorry, I've got a related follow-up question, rather than an answer:

When you order the CD package of Oracle 8.1.6 for Linux, it does come with OEM for Windows. That would lead me to believe that a Linux version doesn't exist. I installed OEM on a Win 98 machine, networked to the Linux box. I cannot figure out how to get it to work in this two-tier architecture. It wants a "Management Server" to connect to, rather than connecting directly to the Database Server (Linux). I don't mind installing the "Management Server" software on either the Win 98, or the Linux box (two-tiers in one, if you will), but I'll be darned if I can figure out what it is or how to do it.

Perhaps a guru can answer both our questions in one fell swoop.

--Jim