Re: running sqlloader from within plsql

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 09:27:54 -0800

"SDG" <simong_at_explor.co.uk> wrote in message news:CaRO5.593$kn2.725644_at_newsr1.u-net.net...
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to run sqlloader from within a stored procedure ?
>
> Example
>
> could I run the following from within a procedure
>
> sqlldr80 userid = xxxx/xxxx_at_xxxxx control = cars.ctl log = cars.log bad =
> cars.bad data = cars.dat

I can't remember if PL/SQL has HOST command capability, but if it does, that's what you'd use since this is merely executing a host command. However, you can also use UTL_FILE to load the data into the database too (and you can manipulate it on the way in where you can't do that w/SQL*Loader).

-Matt Received on Sat Nov 11 2000 - 18:27:54 CET

Original text of this message