Re: Need urgent help with Pro*C

From: <mikkrolewski_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 01:16:03 GMT

In article <8ubsac$flj3$4_at_as121.tel.hr>,   "JokeR" <zoran.civadelic_at_st.tel.hr> wrote:
> I am working on the web application using Oracle. On one side I
 have .html,
> and I'm accessing Oracle database using cgi program written in C
 language.
> So, I need to use a precompiler that takes care of embedded SQL -
 that is
> Pro*C precompiler (ORACLE's own tool).
>
> I made a sample program and tried to get it work - first precompiling
 it
> with Pro*C and then compiling it using BorlandC++5.5. It is just a
 simple
> program that connects to database with username and password
 provided, and
> then selects * from one table.
>
> Problem is following:
> Precompiling went fine with no warnings and no errors, when I just
 compiled
> it (without building!) it also went fine. But, when I tried to
 compile and
> build it I got a following error message:
>
> "Unresolved external '_sxlcxt' referenced from module myapp.c"
>
> Can anyone please help me with this problem? It's very urgent!
>
> Thanks in advance!

You apparently have not either linked in the Oracle libraries or have not linked the libraries in the correct order.

Off the top of my head I would not know the sequence. Look up the information in the manual. In MS Visual C++ environment, you need to add libraries to the standard project compiler commands. MS has a specific line for libraries.

When the libraries are missing but the headers are included, the compilation of the objects will work fine but the final exe will never by formed.

Michael Krolewski

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 10 2000 - 02:16:03 CET

Original text of this message