Re: How to debug PL/SQL under Oracle V7.3

From: <mkrolewski_at_rosetta.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 01:28:19 GMT

In article <8tu26b$aes$1_at_s1.read.news.oleane.net>,   "Remi COCULA" <cocula_at_iname.com> wrote:
> I wonder if Oracle V7.3 provides tools for PL/SQL debuging.
> I saw that the the database includes un package sys.dbms_debug but I
 can't
> get any documentation about it.

There are several third party tools with really good debugging tools.

The two best ones are SQLProgrammer -- Sylvian Faust and SQLNavigator -- Quest?

SQLProgrammer has a pretty good debugger -- it has flaws but is massively better than adding dbms_output.put_line() every where in the code. It can be used on several databases including Oracle and SqlServer. I have used this in 7.3.2 to 8i.

They both are a more than a buck -- somewhere in the $2000 plus range.

They do provide excellent features for manipulating tables, indexes, constraints, and generating procedures, functions and packages.

Personally, I cannot image working in the Oracle environment without one of these tools running on my desktop.

Michael Krolewski

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 10 2000 - 02:28:19 CET

Original text of this message