Re: Help: export - question

From: Eugene Brodskiy <eug_at_svt.unity.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 09:27:16 +0200

Somebody named "Frank van Bortel" <fbortel_at_home.nl> wrote in news:3A098A0C.8399A25D_at_home.nl...
> You cannot import to a *client*...
> However, assuming you have two _servers_, one Linux, one WinNT,
> just export on Linux, and import on WinNT.
> Make sure to use the right versions of import/export tools
>
> "D. KHADER" wrote:
>
> > hi all ,
> > i need toexport my database from linux server to winnt-client .. but i
 read
> > , that i have to start the script catexp.sql or catalog.sql .. how can i
 do
> > that .. what are the params to be used while the exporting
> >
> > cu ..
> > D. khader
>
> --
> Gtrz,
>
> Frank van Bortel

IMHO, you are not quite correct. I _can_ save my .dmp (i.e.export result) anywhere.
BTW, I did that thing: Oracle 8.1.5 (Linux) - WindowsNT (Oracle Enterprise Manager 1.6))
No problems.

to D. khader:
  Be sure that you have DBA role (or something like EXPORT... grant).  If you can export on Linux, you have to do it from NT. Scripts had to be done at
DB creation.
BR,
  Eugene Received on Thu Nov 09 2000 - 08:27:16 CET

Original text of this message