Re: Oracle Forms and Reports Server 6i

From: <zaferaktan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 21:44:56 GMT

Hi Gary,
I was bitching to Oracle techsupport for the same exact paragraph in the installation manual. Whoever the tech writer was for this document, he/she is made a mistake. Oracle tech support told me that it is NOT true and you can install Forms Developer/Server 6i against any flavor of Oracle server (7.3.4 to 8.1.7). Only limit is to use a separate ORACLE_HOME for the server (oracle server) and the forms (developer or forms server). It is possible that a server installation (where you can install oracle server and the forms into the same oracle_home) can be done if you are using 8.0.6 - BUT this is not supported by Oracle on unix platform. Trust me this info is correct - have done the installation already on Solaris 2.7 and then updated to Solaris 2.8. take care.

In article <39f89b62$0$62627$1dc6d6e3_at_news.corecomm.net>,   "Gary Hines" <gahines_at_welcomecard.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Will Oracle Forms and Reports Server 6i for Sun Solaris run under
> Solaris 7 running Oracle 8.1.6? I'm been reading through the
 installation
> guide and it seems to stress that it will only run with Oracle 8.0.6.
 Thanks
> for any help.
>
> Gary Hines

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 09 2000 - 22:44:56 CET

Original text of this message