Re: forms - block query question

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp_xxx_.com.au>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 13:35:53 +1100

SDG wrote in message ...
>Hi people,
>
>Example - Block with 50 rows - Block properties - If I set the buffer size
>to 50 and only display 10 records on screen, why does the post - query only
>fire 10 times and then fire when I move onto the the eleventh row. I
 thought
>that the number of rows returned was determined by the buffer size and not
>the rows displayed. NB- The query all records property does not seem to
>have any effect.

Buffer size refers to the number of rows buffered in memory. Remaining rows are then buffered to your hard disk. Data is not re-fetched as you scroll around, but rather is re-read from memory or disk. The Records Fetched property dictates the maximum number of rows that will be fetched before Forms displays the data on the screen. By default the Records Fetched property is set to the number of records displayed. Received on Thu Nov 09 2000 - 03:35:53 CET

Original text of this message