Programming the "Execute Query" key

From: <sacchow_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 14:23:17 GMT

Programming the "Execute Query" key

[Quoted] Can someone please give ideas or solutions to the following

I have an application built in Forms 6.0. I have query screen, which I get into using "ENTER_QUERY".

At this point all my buttons/triggers are disabled. Oracle has the message

        Press F8 key to Execute Query, Control Q to Cancel.

Here's where I need help

1)
  I need to have two buttons

        [Execute] and [Cancel]
  such that when the user presses Execute thatz pressing F8  Cancel works for Control Q.

 I tried the buttons, giving the "When button pressed" triggers the  "YES" property value for "Fire in Enter Query Mode"

but it doesn't work.

Is it possible to make it work.
To rephrase it,

I want the users to press my buttons instead of F8 or Control Q.

2) Can I trap the message "Press F8...."

       I tried "ON-MESSAGE" triggers but it didn't work.

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas.

Thank you.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 06 2000 - 15:23:17 CET

Original text of this message