Forms 6i - More bugs or is it just me?

From: RBR <ruddyr_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 16:45:36 GMT

[Quoted] I was experimenting with the timer and playing sounds by creating a form that has a sound item and an 'exit' button. When executed, a wave file should play when a user clicks on the button. In the event trigger for the button I have the following code:

Declare

  timer_id            Timer;
  thirty_seconds 	NUMBER(5) := 30000;

Begin
  GO_ITEM('ct_station_class.sound_item22');   READ_SOUND_FILE('c:\winnt\media\xyz.wav',

'wave',
'ct_station_class.sound_item22');
  PLAY_SOUND('ct_station_class.sound_item22');

 timer_id := CREATE_TIMER('TIME_DELAY_30', thirty_seconds, NO_REPEAT);  exit_form;
End;

There are several things going wrong when I execute my form:

First off, with the 'exit_form' included in the text above the sound does *not* play. When the 'exit_form' is removed from the trigger code the sound plays!

Secondly, it appears that Forms doesn't recognize the fact that a timer has been created. There is absolutely *no* delay.

I created a WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger at the form level that should execute when the timer expires but the trigger never gets fired. Placing a message in this trigger has proven this. I thought that I would put the 'exit_form' code in that trigger to see if it would work as I had intended. Commenting out the code in the above trigger except for the necessary stuff for the timer to work still didn't produce a timer delay. It just seems that the timer doesn't even exist as far as my form is concerned.

Any ideas for this newbie. Thanks.

Rob Received on Thu Nov 02 2000 - 17:45:36 CET

Original text of this message