Re: Can you trigger an automatic WHERE-clause on any statement on a table?

From: Dave Godbey <luhbey_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 20:12:18 -0500

[Quoted] Yes, you can. Use Oracle policies. I don't have my code here at home, but you [Quoted] can email me at mailto:godbeyd_at_saic.com for examples.

Basically, you create a policy on a table or view. It can be select or DML. First you create an SP that creates a where clause fragment based on whatever you need. Then you declare a policy connecting the table or view to the stored procedure. When a select occurs on a table with a policy, Oracle goes to the stored procedure declared in the policy. The procedure then creates a string to be appended to the current where clause. Dave