Re: How !

From: Roger Crowley <villagefox_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 00:31:26 GMT

One thing I found helpful, but might not apply in the area where you live: the Univ. of Calif. extension here offers all the classes required to get your Oracle Certified DBA (or others) ... at a fraction of the cost you'd pay to take them from Oracle. Of course, it's still out of my price range if my company wasn't paying for it ($895/course vs $2500/course at Oracle). You might check the Extension classes at your local university. I've also purchased several books (you can find them at Amazon.com if you don't have a bookstore nearby) ... but tend to stay away from the red/gray books by Oracle Press (rehashes of their doc set ... with little improvement in writing style) ... and go more for the IDG "Bible" series.

--
Have a good day!
Roger Crowley DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/