Cascade Delete Oracle Forms 6.0

From: <cplatts_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:15:01 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am using two data blocks, one master and one detail. I have the [Quoted] [Quoted] cascade delete set for the relation to delete any detail records when I [Quoted] [Quoted] delete a master record. Oracle created an on-delete trigger that fires when the master is deleted and removes the detail records. The trigger does not work if I use it the way it was created, eventhough the names and structure are correct. If I hard code a value in the delete then it works. It appears that my :data_block.column_name is not passing a value to the delete statment. If I replace :data_block.column_name with a 'string' then the delete works fine. This tells me that the ondelete  trigger is firing. I need help to determine why the :data_block.column_name does not work. All of the text box properties are set to active and delete,update,insert allowed. Any idea? Any settings

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 01 2000 - 16:15:01 CET

Original text of this message