Re: Oracle 7.3, ODBC over ISDN-64kb-Line

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:15:00 GMT

In article <39FD4998.4F63CACE_at_Hufgard.de>,   Marcus Hufgard <Hufgardm_at_Hufgard.de> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> first excuse vor my bad english, but i hope you understand my
 question.

> We have a program, that uses data via ODBC from Oracle 7.3 over an 64
 kb
> line. That is very slow.
>
> Our Program reads ever data from a table thats never often change. Are
> there any possibilities, to accessed the data base via a cachprogramm
> for accelerate, or any other possibilities?

The ODBC driver doesn't cache any information once you close a connection to the database.

If you want caches data to span multiple connections, you'll have to write that logic yourself. You could add a 'timestamp' column to some of your tables and modify your program to select where the 'timestamp' is more recent than your last select. Of course, you'd have to add a database trigger that put the timestamp on every inserted row.

--
Justin Cave - Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of
Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.