Re: Can't delete records from tables (Goes Not Responding).

From: Toine Tuerlings <su007675_at_wolmail.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:16:32 +0100

You need to give more info.

A few suggestions:

When they are very large tables it might take a very long time. You can check this out by adding the following code to your WHERE-clause: WHERE rownum = 1.
This way your delete statement will return as soon as one row has been deleted.

If you are not using a WHERE-clause you might want to you use TRUNCATE instead of DELETE. TRUNCATE is very fast because it just changes the table's high water mark to 0.

Good luck,
Toine.

Henrik Meldgaard Frisk <news_at_group.inbox.as> schreef in berichtnieuws 8tjhpc$r0q$1_at_news.inet.tele.dk...