Oracle Stored Procedures

From: Carlos Pereyra <cpereyra_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:38:21 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have searched high and low for the answer to this question.

Can Oracle stored procedures return a result set? To clarify: In MS SQL Server and Sybase, you can write a stored procedure that behaves just like a standard query returning a record set to the executor.
The Oracle ODBC help documentation references a way to accomplish the same result by using ref cursors (?) They include a sample C program that shows how to do it. I have tried to emulate the functionality of the C program using perl but with no success. We have dozens of SQL Server stored procs that do select statements that we will need to migrate to Oracle when we switch. Any help appreciated.

Carlos.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 30 2000 - 20:38:21 CET

Original text of this message