pro*C: library handling

From: Ky Nguyen <knguyen_at_ab.bluecross.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:54:01 -0700

Hello all,
An executable compiled using pro*C and linked using cc from my development box doesnt work on production box. It complains that path ... not found. Path ... happens to be $ORACLE_HOME/lib on my dev box. When I "strings"'ed the executable and search for that path, there were no such thing. So could someone please tell me (or point me the FAQs section):

[1] what indicates that it should search for shared library at dev's
$ORACLE_HOME/lib instead of prod's? and, more importantly,

[2] how can I compile/link so that the executable would search for
shared libraries at current host's current oracle home library directory. Received on Mon Oct 30 2000 - 22:54:01 CET

Original text of this message