Re: Help!!! Multiple records in a Forms datablock

From: frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:03:39 GMT

It isn't quite clear what your problem is...

chrisplatts_at_donegalgroup.com wrote:

> I have a data block that has 10 records displayed. I want to click a
> button, which would examine each record I added and place a display

what do you mean by that? place a display? Show a field? Fill one?

> next to each individual record. How do I step through records and
> place a display next to each record with a trigger. At this point I
> can only do a check on the last record entered.

How?

> The query ignores all
> of the previous records I have entered.

If you are using a query, than that will retrieve database records. Your just added ones are not in the database. Use :block.field references.

> I have tried next_record, but
> I get an error saying 'must insert or delete record'.

That is when you enter (move the cursor, or scope, to ) a new, blank record.