Re: DESIGNER - CREATE APPLICATION SYSTEM

From: frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 18:55:05 GMT

You did not follow that thread: the solution is to grant execute on sys.dbms_pipe to designer as well as on sys.dbms_lock.
Assuming designer is the user, not a role.

Another prerequisite is that the user has manager capabilities (in Designer...)

hth Frank

withagen_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I too have a problem creating an application.
> When I try to create (the first) application, the
> following errors occur:
>
> RME-00011: Operation 'INS' on
> ci_application_systems has failed
> RME-02124: Failed to execute SQL statement: begin
> :errcnt := rmmes.getsize;

 rmmes.getall(:errutil,:errcode,

> :errp0,:errp1,:errp2,:errp3,
> :errp4,:errp5,:errp6,:errp7); end;
> RME-02105: Oracle error occurred...
> ORA-01403: no data found
> ORA-06512: at "DESIGNER.RMMES", line 157
> ORA-06512: at line 3
>
> ORA-01403: no data found
>
> None of the packages is invalid, and I granted my
> designeruser the following:
>
> (logged on as SYS)
> grant execute on dbms_lock to designer;
> grant execute on dbms_pipe to designer;
> grant select on dba_rollback_segs to designer;
> grant select on dba_segments to designer;
> grant create sequence to designer;
> grant create synonym to designer;
> grant create table to designer;
>
> grant des2000_owner to designer;
>
> grant execute on SYS.DBMS_ALERT to designer;
> grant execute on SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL to designer;
> grant execute on SYS.DBMS_SQL to designer;
> grant execute on SYS.STANDARD to designer;
> grant execute on SYS.DBMS_STANDARD to designer;
> grant execute on SYS.DBMS_TRANSACTION to designer;
> grant execute on SYS.DBMS_UTILITY to designer;
>
> In article <39D44531.708BBE51_at_unisoft.com.pl>,
> Krzysztof Kowalczuk <kkowalczuk_at_unisoft.com.pl>
> wrote:
> > Thank's for interesting my problem.
> > Yes, In repository there are 2 invalid 'PACKAGE
 BODY'. I've tryed to recreate
> > packages but there are still 2 invalid 'PACKAGE
 BODY'. I don't know what to
> > do.
> >
> > frank napisa³(a):
> >
> > > Any invalid packages? Especially ones that
 keep popping up?

 application system under Oracle
 is an dialog window allow to
 create another one. When I try