Oracle ODBC for RDB

From: Splezunk <splezunk_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:44:42 +1100

Hi All,

This is the Situation. We had an Oracle 7.3.4 database running Under NT 4.0 (besides NT's problems, it actually runs ok). One of the things installed in the ORANT directory was the 'Oracle ODBC Driver for RDB'. Our database was pulling info for the RDB database on a VMS system. Driver version 2.10.17

We have recently upgraded to Oracle 8.1.6, and removed the ORANT directory. Ok It is understandable the The RDB driver will no longer work. Problem we have now, is that we cannot install the driver again. I was not responsible for installing the Oracle 8 software, but as far as I can see, the installation program is radically different. The ODBC driver wants the Oracle7 install, which is provided, but gives us an error when trying to install it. Something about a missing Comma.

Has anybody had any experience of this, or does anybody know of another way of getting this up and running with Oracle 8.

Thanks For any help you can give us.

Cheers
Zunk Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 03:44:42 CEST

Original text of this message