Re: Online database....how?

From: Bernard Davis <bdavis_at_castlecs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:21:33 GMT

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:38:45 +0200, "The Friendly One" <pyaar_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to know if it is possible and if yes, how to make a searchable
>database online on let's say Geocities or on local webspace provided by an
>ISP? I have heard it is not possible unless I myself am in charge of the
>server, but I thought maybe somebody out there knows more and maybe there is
>a way to do it afterall?!
>
>So please let me hear all your comments and hopefully solutions.
>
>Thanks in advance......keep on building

You could try http://www.domaindlx.com

They offer ASP hosting so you can put your Access database on their server and use ASP to search and display results dynamically. I'm not sure how good it would be for a commercial exercise, but as a way of learning the techniques it is certainly good enough.

Regards
Bernard Davis
bdavis_at_castlecs.co.uk
http://www.castlecs.co.uk
ICQ 57727502 Received on Wed Oct 25 2000 - 20:21:33 CEST

Original text of this message