SQL Server vs. Oracle

From: H_H <gucciard_at_Bayou.UH.EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:52:40 -0500

Hello,

I'm interested in becoming a DBA but I'm not sure what to choose from between Microsoft SQL server and Oracle.

SQL Server has a very nice GUI and seems to be easier to use, whereas Oracle tends to be more command line oriented. Oracle, on the other hand, is much more stable and powerful and is probably the best database management software out there.

To someone who wants to be begin a career as a DBA, would you suggest becoming a Microsoft SQL Server DBA or an Oracle DBA? I know there are plenty of jobs for Oracle DBAs, but what about jobs for SQL Server? Moneywise $, who tends to be rewarded better?

Thanks in advance for your help!
H_H Received on Wed Oct 25 2000 - 21:52:40 CEST

Original text of this message