Re: Help! Very Urgent! Problem with quoted strings in Developer 6i

From: <mariaema_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:06:38 GMT

Thank you for your reply but it does not reselve our problem. We use quoted string in 60 to pass (from a FORM) a string to a report for example if we have to pass a string with a space at the begin. Without the quotation the report don't read the space. In 60 with the quotation the report read the space and the other characters and it is ok.
In 6i with the quotation the single quotes remain in the begin and end of the string when the report read it.

Thenk you for any help.
Ciao
Emanuela

In article <39F4D4F1.98D2DCAC_at_metrosystems.co.jp>,   Mitsunori Ishikawa <ishikawa_at_metrosystems.co.jp> wrote:
> How about using Reports Trigger [AFTER PRARAMETER FORM] for
> adding <single quote> in Reports.This will be fired after
> parameter form.
>
> Like this:
> ---
> function AfterPForm return boolean is
> begin
> if :paramstring is not null then
> :paramstring := '''' || :paramstring || '''';
> end if;
> return (TRUE);
> end;
>
> Emanuela Serpilli wrote:
> >
> > Hallo, we have the following problem:
> > In Developer 60 when we have to pass a string to a report from a
 form we
> > quote the string before.
> > This resolve some problem with special characters like space.
> > In 6i it is not ok. We have an error using the following syntax:
 quote><double
> > quotes><single quote>
> > If we use the syntax:
 quote>||STRINGA||<single
> > we haven't error but the report read 'value of string' instead of
 value of
> > string.
> > Help us.
> > Ciao
> > Emanuela
>
> --
> Mitsunori Ishikawa

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 24 2000 - 18:06:38 CEST

Original text of this message