Reports 6i ???

From: Richard Hollingsworth <william.hollingsworth_at_hsv.boeing.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:03:04 GMT

[Quoted] Hi folks. Thanks for reading this.

I have a question about a report I've built in Reports 6i, Oracle 8i, Win NT 4.0.

I have a series of checkboxes on the printout. The database fields for each check box are varchar2(1). On the FORMS input screens, I have set ...

      Value when checked = 'X'
      Value when unchaecked = NULL

Now, when I run the report, IF the value of the checkbox is 'X', it prints out an 'X' just like planned.

However, if the value of the checkbox is NULL, it prints out a '0'.

If the value of the chaeckbox is NULL, I want REPORTS to print out a NULL or a ' ' (blank) , either one. Therefore, the item will appear either with an 'X' if checked, or NOTHING if not checked.

Anyone know how to remidy this situation??

Thnaks,
Richard Hollingsworth Received on Tue Oct 24 2000 - 00:03:04 CEST

Original text of this message