Re: How do I de-install oracle816

From: Roger Crowley <villagefox_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 20:02:11 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I just went thru a similar situation on WinNT, trying to remove 8.0.5. [Quoted] The uninstall didn't remove all of the entries in the registry (don't know if Win2k is same), so I fired up regedit and searched for any registry keys containing "orant" (top level of the path I couldn't remove) and deleted any keys I found ... and there were lots of them. Until they were removed from the registry, I got a message telling me the folders might be in use. It's a real pain in the neck (I must have deleted a zillion registry nodes), but Oracle isn't the only software product that doesn't clean up after itself in the registry.

In article <8spfq0$odt$1_at_ctb-nnrp2.saix.net>,   "Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote:
> "myusuf" <m.yusuf_at_sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > After I de-installed Oracle 816 to install fresh on win2k, there
 are still
> > Oracle directories which I can not delete. It gives me a message
 that I
 can

--
[Quoted] Have a good day!