Data Manager, hangs without error

From: Lab 1 <mark.c2.hamlin_at_bt.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:38:39 +0100

[Quoted] Oracle 8.05. Enterprise Manager, tns intelligent agent all up and running.

[Quoted] I have done a full export from a Oracle database on a Solaris box. I then created a new database on a NT box and tried to use Data Manager to import the lot. The main task is selecting what to import, after checking my tables and everything were there, I selected the top of the tree 'Users' to [Quoted] import everything, (once selected the objects appear on the chosen list. Further options included incremental: none, and I specified a log file.

Do I need to specify a value in the 'record size ' field as it is Solaris->NT?

When the import actually starts, a dialog with a viewer box, reference to the log file, a dismiss button and a notice about a short wait, saying that [Quoted] if you hit dismiss the import will continue and you can see the log in the file specified later - whenever.

No matter if I wait or dismiss, nothing ever appears in the dialog, the logfile is never created, no data is entered, the dialog never goes until I [Quoted] press dismiss, it hasn't crashed or even slowed down!!! Any ideas.

Alternatively, I'll configure TNS for the new database on the Solaris box and carry out the import from there on the command line.

Many thanks,
Mark Hamlin Received on Thu Oct 19 2000 - 15:38:39 CEST

Original text of this message