Portal 3.0 EA Login Server with OiD LDAP?

From: Anthony L. Eros <tony.eros_at_machm.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:57:35 -0400

Has anyone successfully configured Portal 3.0 EA to work with an Oracle Internet Directory LDAP? The instructions and scripts supplied look pretty straightforward, but some things look odd and it doesn't seem to work.
The ssoldif.sql script captures user info and puts it into an LDIF file for import into a directory. The DN root for the login entries is written as "cn=Login Server (portal30_sso)" regardless of the value entered in the ssoldap.sql script.

I tried setting up both a standard hierarchy (cn=foo, ou=bar, o=bat, c=us) with the portal users (portal30, portal30_admin, portal30_sso, portal30_sso_admin, public) under it as well as the pseudo-root identified in the script (cn=Login Server (portal30_sso)) with the users under that; but in both cases, I get an "Unexpected errors (WWC-41400)" message when I try to log in.

Has anyone made this work?

  • Tony