Re: Forms - messages

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:12:06 +0800

Sebastian Napora wrote:

> How to switch off displaying messages in Forms after 'commit' in procedures?
> I've found how to replace a message but it's not enough for me.
> Why Forms displays first message in status bar and then all another messages
> as a modal dialog? Is there any way to ommit modal dialogs?
>
> Thanks for your help
> Sebastian

Some options are

  1. set the message level so that the message does not occur at all
  2. trap the message code in ON-MESSAGE trigger and do nothing with it if message_code in (x,y,z) then null; else message(message_type||'-'||message_code... etc) end if;
  3. Use message(text, NO_ACKNOWLEDGE) which will replace the current console message rather than pop up the window.

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk
(faster/mirrored at http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

Its not the voices in my head that bother me...
  its the voices in yours.