How to copy tables

From: Alan Wilson <awilson_at_accessus.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:16:25 -0500

I have successfully used the 'copy' command to copy tables from one server to another, but it fails for a table with 30 columns. The error is ORA-01458 (an invalid length inside variable character string. Additional info: an attempt was made to bind or define a variable character string with a buffer less than the minimum requirment. Action: increase the buffer size or use a different type.) All the columns table are either varchar2, number, or date. I have no idea how to correc the problem. I don't know how to increase the buffer size (which buffers?). Any help would be most appreciated as I really need to be able to copy tables between the servers. (Oracle8i on Netware5.1 - servers at different physical locations)

Thanks
Alan Received on Wed Oct 18 2000 - 23:16:25 CEST

Original text of this message