Help with TNSNames problem with multiple homes?

From: don <chambers_at_inquiregroup.com>
Date: 17 Oct 2000 09:33:06 -0500

[Quoted] I have just built my new desktop and canot get connectivity to Oracle. [Quoted] [Quoted] I am using Oracle 8.1.6. I installed the client software and used Net8 easy config to setup a service to point to my 8i database and to and older 8.0 database. This works with no problems.

I then installed the Enterprise Manager version 2.0.4 which must be installed under a different home. I cannot use net8 easy config for this instalation because it only works for one home.

I then compied by tnsnames.ora file to the proper loaction in the new home (net80/admin) but I can't connect to 8i using this. I am able to [Quoted] connect to the 8.0 database using this tnsnames.ora file.

[Quoted] On my old machine this is what I did and it worked. I tried getting the tnsname.ora file from my old machine but this did not solve the problem.

Can anyone offer a solution?

I have a newer verion of enterprise manager which I installed first but it appears that some things are missing such as schema manager. Did I not install everything or has there been a change?

Thanks,

	Don
	chambers_at_inquiregroup.com