Using OLE Controls in Oracle Forms 6

From: <vmax66_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:19:08 GMT

Env: Oracle 8xi, Forms 6, Attachmate Infoconnect OCX, Windows 2000

Hey All,

        I am looking for general information on using Oracle Forms PL*SQL Library
for OLE2 to access and utilize a 3rd party Ole Control. I have a short-term
gig doing this and with the exception of how to utilize the properties and
methods of a 3rd Party OCX, I am a fish out of water when it comes to Oracle
development. I can embedded and utilize the control in VB and VC++ with no
problems but I need some help on how to embedded an OCX into an Oracle Form
and instantiate and use it through PL*SQL and Oracles OLE2 Libraries. There
is no documentation on how to do this with Oracle from Attachmate. According
to Oracles marketing you can use a 32 bit OCX in an Oracle form. I just need
a little help on how to do it.Any code snippets or advice as to where to
look would be helpful.

        Additionally, I am looking for anyone who has specific experience in using
Attachemate's Infoconnect OCX. Any info you could share would be
appreciated. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Vince

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 17 2000 - 17:19:08 CEST

Original text of this message