Re: Forms 4.5 keyboard mapping fault

From: <villagefox_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:48:42 GMT

Oracle Terminal is a complete mystery ... and the manual and help texts offer little help. I have not worked with resource files for a long time (back in the ancient 4.5 days, so I don't know if my experience applies to anything newer, like 6i).

You didn't mention whether or not you are going through a terminal emulator to run your Forms4.5 application. If you are, then you might be interested in something I posted on my web site about my experiences (see
http://www.geocities.com/villagefox/resora.htm). If you're not using a terminal emulator, these notes might not be useful.

One thing you have to be careful of is the settings of various environment variables ... else you'll make a bunch of changes to what you think is the resource file being used, only to discover none of your changes seem to have taken effect.

Furthermore, the function keys listed in the Help screen (F11 for example) do not necessarily mean you can press the F11 key on your keyboard. It depends on the escape sequence being sent when you press that key and which "real" key that is mapped to in the resource file. The keys you see in the Help screen are simply "labels" for the escape sequence behind the scenes. For example, with the terminal emulator I used when I wrote the notes on my web page mapped a VT220 F11 key to Alt-Ctrl-F1 ... and pressing F11 did
absolutely nothing (because it didn't send an escape sequence trapped by the resource file).

I wish I could be of more help ... but I don't have enuf info on your situation to be able to say more.

In article <39c85586_at_news.cvut.cz>,
  "David" <snapkad_at_post.cz> wrote:
> You can remap keys with Oracle Terminal where
 you create/modify default term
> file.
> Default name depends on operating system. My
 clients run on Windows platform
> and name of default resource file is FMRUSW.RES
> After create new resource file you add this
 parameter to command line that
> runs
> runform or frombuilder TERM=nameofnewresfile.res
> BUT it doesn't work for me and I don't know
 why. I want to change some
> visual
> attrigutes in this resource file but after
 apply nothings happens. Probably
> I do some
> stupid mistake. I'm writeing a new post to this
 NG agout it and hope that
> someone could
> help.
>
> BTW there you could find a help file for Oracle
 Terminal :
> \ORAWIN95\TOOLS\COMMON60\OT.HLP
>
> David
>
> <maschout_at_my-deja.com> pí¹e v diskusním
> pøíspìvku:8q8kbu$h4j$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > With forms 4.5 running on a IBM F50 machine,
 running remote text
> > application on a PC environment, it appears
 that my keyboard key's are
> > not well defined.
> >
> > How can i change my keyboard settings within
 Oracle or on the server to
> > accomplish the correct settings.
> >
> > Ie. Within Forms the key mapping for enter-
 query is F11, but pressing
> > it doesn't give the appropriate result.
> >
> > Please anyone help me, i'm getting desperate.
> >
> > Any suggestion or solution is welcome
> >
> > Marcel
> > Maschout_at_westbrabant.net
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 17:48:42 CEST

Original text of this message