Re: Report6.0 problem in Solaris 2.6

From: John Alexander <jalexander_at_summitsoftwaredesign.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 02:05:06 GMT

  1. Make sure that the resource file is in the term path (I think the path variable is REPORTS60_TERM), and the permissions are correct. You may be defaulting to rwcdflt, so look for that file first.
  2. Make sure that the .prt file is in the reports60_path, and the permissions are correct.
  3. Double-check your file that sets your environment variables. The file supplied by Oracle for HP Unix only contained environment variables for reports 3.0, not 6.0. Replace all references to reports_30 with reports_60

One quirk I have found on Unix with 6.0 - With reports 2.5, the resource and print files (.res and .prt) did not have to have the extension, but with 6.0 it will not find the files (and will give a core dump), if the files do not end with .res and .prt respectively.

John Alexander
www.SummitSoftwareDesign.com