Grants..users...WebDB move related....

From: Kelly <kgrigg_at_diamonddata.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:09:16 GMT

Hi All,
Well, I've moved (still working on it) my WebDB objects from one server to another. Previously, my user schema that owns the objects...was using views through a datalink to see the data tables it was querying against. Had to do the data link thing due to versions of Oracle that were incompatible as far as installing webdb on another machine.

Ok...the schema that owned the data query tables has been moved to the new machine...it is the same...tables, objects named the same. The Webdb schema owning the objects is the same...instead of views..on the tables I'm experimenting with...I have explicitly granted insert, update, delete and select to the webdb schema. I created public syns for these tables too. and tried it with and without them....

From SQL*Plus, I can connect as the webdb schema....and do all the desc's and selects I want. But, while in webdb....conncected as this same owner...when I try to create a form to hit this table...I get a WWV-13020 This Table does not exist or you do not have the required privileges. WWV_UTLBUILD.VALIDATE_TABLE_NAMES error.

I can't find anywhere to look this error up...no documentation for me to get ahold of that I know of....I have gone into webdb and granted all the permissions I can think of...and can't get it to work.

One other question is...on these forms...how can I get to existing forms to point to the correct table and NOT the view it previously was looking at? I tried going directly into the form's package...and changing it there...but, no go..not working. The params I'm sending work just fine...and the reports that the form is calling work fine...but, the form itself cannot see the correct table...

TIA, Kelly
kgrigg_at_diamonddata.com

ps. I'll be here this weekend if you want to send things late.... :-(

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 14 2000 - 00:09:16 CEST

Original text of this message