Web PL/SQL module Master Context functionality

From: <scotten_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:03:51 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] I'm trying to use the Master Context functionality of Designer 6i for generating a Web PL/SQL module and it does not seem to work.

In the Design Editor Online Help on Master Context it is explained that when you set Master Context preferences on the Module, then you should be able to reference items available in the master module component from the detail module component. It says that you are then able to reference master module componenent item values in LOVs, User Text, SQL expression unbound items, SQL text and user defined application logic. The format to use is 'module_component.item_name'.

I created the Dept Emp example (Dept = master). I set the preferences and tried to reference a master item from the Emp (detail module component) User text like this: htf.bold('department name: ' || dept.dname).

I generated the module (no errors), but dept.dname did not contain any value, only the string 'department name' was displayed in bold.

What went wrong? This should work, right? Could anyone provide a working example of using Master Context functionality as explained in the Online Help?

Thanks in advance,

Sicco

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 13 2000 - 12:03:51 CEST

Original text of this message