Re: difference between Oracle Provider for OLE DB and OO4O

From: Jason Gabinet <jason.gabinet_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:40:41 -0400

[Quoted] We have been developing the application for some time using the Oracle Provider for OLE DB v8.1.6.1.0. Right now, we are not using any stored procedures, but some of us have heard that using stored procedures allows for much faster access, so we are probably going to look at them in the future.

I don't belive the Oracle Provider for OLE DB supports server side cursors; correct me if I'm wrong. I believe Microsoft, and the MDAC has an OLE DB Provider for Oracle, but we didn't mess around with it too much. Should we stay away from it, or does it provide the same functionality as the Oracle Provider for OLE DB?

I am pretty sure we are using CLOBS, but I have to get with the database admins to make sure... they pretty much just gave us the table structure and ER diagram, and let us go. Anyway I can find out by myself?

Thanks for all your help.

Jason Gabinet
Geo-Centers, Inc.