Re: Pls Help: Oracle 8.1.6 & Linux Install

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 12 Oct 2000 17:05:41 GMT

Lets say you created an account called sysoper to edit that profile

            vi ~sysoper/.bash_profile
or

            vi /home/sysoper/.bash_profile

or if you are logged in as sysoper

            vi $HOME/.bash_profile

I would put global environment vars in /etc/profile for all users.

Richard Martes (rmartes_at_usa.net) wrote:
: I am currently using Linux Mandrake 7.1 and want to install Oracle
: Enterprise Edition 8.1.6. I have successfully done the following: Created
: the sysdba, sysoper and oinstall groups, created the Oracle user and created
: the directory for the Oracle inventory.

: However, I am having problems setting the environment for the Oracle user
: account. I cannot find the Oracle account's login file to edit. In reading,
: I was told to open the $HOME/.bash_profile file.

: Please help me locate file in order to use the vi editor to set the
: environment variable. Thanks so much.

--
While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u