Re: Designer 6 and Developer 6i

From: <gdrenfrew_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:33:09 GMT

Hi Tim,

you don't have to regenerate Designer 6 forms to get them to work with the Developer 6i runtimes.

However, advise you to check out metalink for bugs with Forms 6i - we've hit major problems, as have other customers (including KPMG as far as I can tell...)
bugs: 1413992, 1386213 etc etc... Don't just jump into Forms 6i without checking if the existing bugs will cripple your application (as we found, app crashes when using call_form from an alert!)

keep your eyes open, Oracle don't always preach the gospel.

In article <39db11b5.17837615_at_news.euronet.nl>,   dooremti_at_nospam.iquip.nl (Tim van Dooremalen) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me wether Designer 6 (not "i") and Forms Developer 6i
> will work 'together'?? What I mean is; is it possible to generate
> Forms 6i modules from designer 6? Or is there no difference in that
> area between the normal Forms 6 and the 6i versions??
>
> Thanx!!
>
> Tim
>
> remove "nospam." from mail-address for replying.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 12 2000 - 15:33:09 CEST

Original text of this message