Database replication / sync

From: M. van Someren <marcel.vansomeren_at_fifa.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 15:59:38 +0200

Hi

[Quoted] Although I'm not a db expert I am involved in some conceptional work and dbs are part of it.

I am looking for an elegant way to synchronize two Oracle8 databases. Two concepts I am looking at:

  • master db only sends updates to a slave db (master has read write access, slave only read)
  • master db and slave db sync (both have read write accesss)

first of all, I have been informed that Oracle-replication is possible by means of Net8 but no routers are allowed in between so a dedicated dial-in would only be possible. can anyone inform me more on this topic.

[Quoted] secondly, is there an easy way to somehow extract all db updates in a compact way so one could send (mail, ftp or whatever) the updates to the slave db where it somehow can be imported.

thanks!

rgds, Marcel Received on Wed Oct 11 2000 - 15:59:38 CEST

Original text of this message