Pls Help: Newbie Question

From: Richard Martes <rmartes_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:37:24 -0700

[Quoted] I am having difficulty finding a recently new added account's logon file to edit. I am very new to Linux and want to install Oracle 8.16 on my Mandrake 7.1.

However, need to locate and edit user account's logon file to set environment for Oracle. I was told to use vi editor to edit file in $HOME/.bash_profile.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE [Quoted] DISPLAY=rmartes:0.0; export DISPLAY

ORACLE_BASE=usr/oraInventory; export ORACLE_BASE
ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle; export ORACLE_HOME
ORACLE_SID=oralin; export ORACLE_SID

PATH=$PATH:oracle/bin; export PATH Received on Mon Oct 09 2000 - 18:37:24 CEST

Original text of this message