Re: Dynamic Combo-box

From: Luis Cabral <luiscabral_at_starmedia.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 10:31:49 GMT

Hello

There is some list built-ins (a combo box is in fact a list item) that allows you modify dinamically a list, like clearing all
elements, adding a new element etc. See
in the help (I think their names are like add_list_item, etc). In the design time, just create a list item with one any value and set the "other values" property.
Then code the WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE and WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM triggers to dinamically build the list.

But if you are using this in a multi-record block, it may not work, because when you change the definition of a list item, it applies to all the records, so you can not have different list values for different records at same time.

I think a LOV (although not so intuitive) is a better approach.

In article <8rrk0j$82d$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   stevew1685_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I am trying to create a dynamically populated combo-box on a form,
 where
> the list associated with the combo-box changes dependant on what users
> have previously selected.
>
> My amin problem is defining the combo box field in Design Editor so
 that
> it can be generated.
>
> Has anyone done this, and if they have could they give me some
 pointers.

> Thanks
>
> Stephen Walsh
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 09 2000 - 12:31:49 CEST

Original text of this message